Last November I issued the following challenge:
DWL 2020 Challenge:
1. Submit to a writing contest
2. Submit to a literary journal, anthology, or writing magazine
3, Write 1,000 words per day (work up to it or exceed it. If you already do this add another thousand to work up to.)
4. Share the challenge with others, so they can join the fun.
5. Develop another talent other than writing.
6. Submit to the DWL Journal a short story, poem, or creative non-fiction story.
7. Submit a manuscript for publication to an agent or publishing company.
8. Tweet, Instagram, or Facebook post using the #DWLwriterchallenge or #dreamwritelearnchallenge or #dwl2020writers or #writerchallenge2020 or come up with your own throughout the year when you fulfill one of the challenges.
I will admit that I forgot about this challenge as the new year approached and January came and went. I'm here today to reissue this challenge for 2020. Make this year one for the books (pun intended!).
To complete this challenge, simply do one of the things listed above and then talk about it on social media. I did change the hashtags up a bit from the original post, so please use the hashtags in this post. Make sure that we know you've participated in the challenge.
Why is this challenge important to DWL?
As the owner of DWL, I find that when I have someone to hold me accountable for the work I do, I tend to complete what I need to in order to succeed. It is my hope this year to build a strong community of writers who help and encourage each other to fulfill lifelong dreams.
If you have any questions about writing or about this challenge, please don't hesitate to reach out to the DWL team via social media or here on our website.